David B. Miele, PhD
Dr. David Miele is an associate professor in the Department of Counseling, Developmental, and Educational Psychology (CDEP) in the Lynch School of Education at Boston College. Dr. Miele graduated with a BA in philosophy from Columbia University and PhD in social psychology from Northwestern University, where he studied with Dan Molden and Wendi Gardner. He completed a postdoctoral fellowship in cognitive psychology at Columbia University with Janet Metcalfe.
Sinwoo Bae (she/her)
Sinwoo is a second-year doctoral student in the ADEP program. Prior to starting at BC, she received her Ed.M. in Language & Literacy at Harvard University and a B.A. in English Language Education at Korea University. She is broadly interested in exploring the socio and emotional development of learners in diverse contexts through motivation, perception and self concepts. Currently, she is particularly curious about contexts regarding technology as well as cultural and linguistic diversity.
Soyoung is a third-year doctoral student in the ADEP Program. She received her M.A. in Educational Psychology from Seoul National University. Her work bridges the field of cognitive psychology and education to understand not just how teachers and parents should support students, but also how students can be motivated internally with independence. Her current research focuses on metamotivation, self-regulation, and teachers' beliefs.
Rosie Rohrs (she/her)
Rosie is a third-year doctoral student in the ADEP Program. She previously earned an M.A. in Child Study and Human Development at Tufts University and a B.A. in Psychology and Political Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Rosie is interested in how parent-child relationships can support the mental well-being of children and their parents and how parents think about their children's behaviors and motivations, as well as parents' beliefs about discipline.
Vivian Chuang (she/her)
Vivian recently graduated with a B.A. in Applied Psychology and Human Development and Communication at Boston College. She is interested in how students' perceptions of their relationships and interactions with their parents, teachers, and peers can impact their motivation and sense of self efficacy in and out the classroom.
- Alex Browman is a former postdoctoral research fellow and is currently an assistant professor in the Psychology Department at the College of the Holy Cross.
- Lindsey Caola is a former doctoral student who is currently a visiting assistant professor in the Psychology Department at the College of the Holy Cross.
- Sidney May is a former doctoral student who is currently a Research and Evaluation Associate at the Center for Program Design & Evaluation at Dartmouth College.
- Meghan Jacobs is a former doctoral student who is currently works as a private math specialist.
- Tyrone Fleurizard is a former doctoral student who went on to pursue his graduate studies in the the Education Policy and Management Program at Harvard University.
- Katherine Muenks is a former doctoral student (when the MML Lab was at the University of Maryland) and one of the lab's founding members. She is currently an assistant professor in the Department of Educational Psychology at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Shenira Perez is a former doctoral student who is currently the Assistant Director for Teaching Excellence at the Center for the Advancement of Teaching at Florida International University.
- Emily Rosenzweig is a former doctoral student (when the MML Lab was at the University of Maryland). She is currently an assistant professor in the Department of Educational Psychology at the University of Georgia.
- Chen Shen is a former doctoral student who is currently an Institutional Research Analyst at Lasell University.
- Allie Blaskowsky is a former undergraduate research assistant who went on to pursue pursue a graduate degree in speech-language pathology at Emerson College.
- Michael Diamond is a former graduate research assistant who is currently a doctoral student in Dr. Ken Fujita's lab at The Ohio State University.
- Ashley Dumais is a former undergraduate research assistant who went on to pursue a graduate degree at the Boston College School of Social Work.
- Helen Fagan
- Declan Foley is a former graduate research assistant who currently works as a school counselor at St. John's Preparatory School located in Danvers, Massachusetts.
- Kristina Hancock is a former undergraduate research assistant who went on to pursue a doctoral degree in occupational therapy from Boston University.
- Gabriela Jimenez-Thompson
- Clara (Yoon-Shin) Lee is a former undergraduate research assistant who went on to pursue a graduate degree in counseling at the University of Pennsylvania.
- So-Yoon Kim managed the MML Lab for two years. She is currently a doctoral student in the Curriculum & Instruction Program at BC, working with Dr. Kristen Bottema-Beutel.
- Camille McCobb is a former undergraduate research assistant who is currently an Intensive Care Coordinator for the North Suffolk Mental Health Association.
- Allison Pyo
- David Rhee
- Alex Sullivan is a former undergraduate research assistant and is currently a teacher at Woodbrook Elementary School in Scotch Plains, New Jersey.